Home Car AccidentsAccident With A County, City, Or State Vehicle

Accident With A County, City, Or State Vehicle

Jul 13, 2016

There is a statute of limitations of one (1) year versus the normal three (3) year period. That means you must bring your action or claim within one (1) year of the date of the accident.

There are special notice requirements that are too complicated to describe in this blog.

Additionally, you are not necessarily entitled to a jury trial. Instead you would be heard by a Judge who will be the finder of fact. The Judge would assess liability and damages.

If the accident is with a police officer and/or fireman, there is the possibility of complete immunity. That means that you might not collect damages even if the policeman and/or fireman are at fault.

A recent Mississippi Supreme Court decision will allow you to make an uninsured motorist claim against your insurance if there is immunity.

As you can see if you are involved in a car accident with a City, County, or State of Mississippi vehicle, you need legal advice.

Feel free to call a Mississippi car accident lawyer at Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyer, P.A. for help.

1 Call Logo
Call Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. at 601-988-8888 or contact us online today.
Follow Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • YouTube
  • Instagram

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

© 2021 All Rights Reserved.