Product Liability Lawyers in Jackson, MS
Richard Schwartz & Associates
Will Take Care of You & Your Claim
Injured by a Defective Product in Mississippi? Call 601-988-8888 Now!
When we purchase products, we expect them to be safe and work as intended. Unfortunately, products are sometimes dysfunctional and even dangerous. In some cases, they may come with inadequate product warnings or insufficient user instructions, leaving consumers prone to accidental injury. In other cases, a product may have a defective design or manufacturing defect that causes consumer injury.
Product liability law was designed to protect consumers in the event that a product causes them harm. These laws can be difficult to navigate, however—it can take extensive litigation just to resolve a seemingly straightforward claim. If you have been injured by a defective product, Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. can help you fight for the compensation to which you are legally entitled. We take a one-on-one, personalized approach to legal representation, aiming to achieve the best possible results for each client’s case.
Do I Have a Valid Product Liability Case?
At Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A., the first thing we will do is help you determine whether you have grounds for a product liability case, as well as which type of lawsuit to file. To do so, we will identify the product defect at the center of your case to find the negligent party.
There are three primary types of product defects:
- Design defects occur before a product is even produced. These cases would be brought against the product designer. Plaintiffs must prove that the product was dangerous from its inception and show that a safer design was possible.
- Manufacturing defects are responsible for the majority of product liability claims and occur while the product is being made. Sometimes, well-designed products are poorly assembled or made with low-quality materials; other times they are released on the market without being tested. These defects tend to be obvious and widespread, often resulting in recalls and class action lawsuits. The negligent party for these cases is the product manufacturer.
- Marketing defects occur when a company misrepresents their product. If a company fails to warn consumers about a risk or suggests its product be used in a way that is unsafe, it can be held liable for the consequences.
The retailor or distributor may also be held accountable if it knew a product was defective but sold it anyway.
It is not uncommon for a product to have multiple defects. This can make it difficult to figure out if and how a product defect caused you injury. Our Jackson attorney team will help you determine exactly what went wrong and prepare an argument to prove it in court.
What Kinds of Products Can Be Defective?
Any product you purchase can wind up being defective and cause injury or wrongful death.Below are the types of product liability cases our Jackson attorney team handles most frequently:
- Unsafe medications and drugs
- Defective children’s toys
- Defective earplugs
- Defective medical devices
- Malfunctioning auto parts
- Dangerous appliances and machinery
- Toxic exposure, such as via herbicides
Why File a Product Liability Case?
If you have been injured by a product you purchased, you probably want to move on as quickly as possible and put the bad experience behind you. Most people do not realize that a lawsuit can help them achieve these goals at a faster pace.
With the financial compensation from your case, you may pay off medical bills, prepare for future medical needs, and recover the income you may have lost or may lose going forward. You may also obtain damages for any pain and suffering you went through.
Hire Experienced Lawyers
At Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A., we bring our all to every case we handle. We treat every client we work with as our top priority, remaining available 24/7 to take their calls. With over 30 years of experience, we are confident that we will be a valuable ally throughout the ups and downs of your case. You can depend on us to fight for your rights.
Due to our continued success in advocating for the injured, we are acclaimed by The National Trial Lawyers, American Association for Justice, Super Lawyers®, Jackson Free Press, and Clarion Ledger, among others. While it is a great honor to be recognized by prestigious professional organizations, we are most honored by the glowing client testimonials we have received over the years.