The candidate for this position assists and relieves lawyers and other legal personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates with clients at least every 30 days.
- Makes needles notes of client contact conversations.
- Prepares settlement and correspondence memorandums from lien holders for disbursements to client.
- Compiles demand letters and mails them to insurance companies.
- Completes escrow files where settlement monies are held in trust account.
- Compiles final treatment information for the treating/released department.
- Closes files after disbursement and sends provider checks and releases to insurance company.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult and emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.