The candidate for this position assists injured claimants with filing and litigating claims by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Represents the interests of the claimant at hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and other proceedings.
- Communicates with clients and guides him or her through the litigation process until resolution.
- Gathers medical evidence and medical records. Contacts medical providers and completes paperwork relating to the claim.
- Takes depositions of the claimant, physicians, medical experts, other parties and witnesses.
- Drafts Complaints, conduct discovery, and drafts pleadings, motions, briefs, and other legal documents.
- Litigate cases.
- Negotiates settlements on behalf of the claimant.
- Responsible for a demanding caseload.
- Any other duties, as assigned, and as related to the duties of the position.
Four (4) year College Degree from an accredited College or University; three (3) years of Law School and have obtained a Mississippi license to practice law by passing the bar exam and be in good standing with the Mississippi Bar; three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Spanish speaking is a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, short and long correspondence, and memos. Ability to convey information in a clear, concise, and logical manner. Ability to effectively advocate a position or a cause.
Ability to draft effective legal documents such as complaints, motions, briefs, memorandums, resolutions, and legal agreements. Ability to develop logical thinking, organization, and problem-solving abilities.
Compensation is based on education and experience.