Mailroom Clerk – Jackson Office
The candidate in this position sorts incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail by performing the following duties:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Opens envelopes by hand or machine.
- Stamps date and time of receipt on incoming mail.
- Sorts mail according to destination and type; such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Readdress undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect addresses.
- Examines outgoing mail for appearance and seals envelopes by hand or machine.
- Stamps outgoing mail by hand or with postage meter.
- Folds letters or circulars and inserts in envelopes.
- Distributes, collects, and weighs mail to determine that postage is correct.
- Keeps record of registered mail and runs errands for firm.
- Scans documents/mail into Isynergy system.