Mass Tort involves a large number of plaintiffs or claimants with a common claim regarding a single product, drug, disaster, unfair business practice, environmental tort
or toxic tort. The mass tort representative is here to manage the large number of cases and be an overseer to assure that the case progresses sufficiently by performing the following duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 1O's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Outlook e-mail Contact Management systems; Needles, lsyngergy Database software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Client intake and client contact to provide potential clients with general information.
- Review Mass Tort claims to determine if those claims have merit.
- Prepare written materials, including letters, e-mails, reports and other documents.
- Preparing, organizing, and filing documents and/or correspondence.
- Conducting research, document searches and other factual research.
- Updating and maintaining internal database.
- Preparing materials for case preparation.
- Preparing for and attend Asbestos testing.
- Investigating client's work history to determine whether the Asbestos claim has merit.