Medical Records Monitoring/Treating Released Representative — Jackson, MS
The candidate for this position requests medical bills and records and prepares demands that accurately reflect our client’s injuries and treatment to be reviewed by the attorneys and insurance companies by performing the following duties:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write simply and short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Indexes all correspondence for files while they are in the TRT and RLS class code.
- Accepts calls from various entities debt collectors and clients, and contacts providers to find out where, and to whom requests need to be sent.
- Tracks down all billing related to injuries sustained in Auto or Premises accidents. Ensure that all medical providers have the accurate policy information to file their bills with the client’s health insurance.
- Organizes all medicals related to the Auto or Premises accidents in date order grouped by the provider/facility/billing entity name.
- Calculates lost wages based on forms provided from client’s employers, along with Dr.’s excuses.
- Bookmark in Adobe every provider/facility/billing entity name, including the dates of treatment along with the X-ray readings, once a demand has been completed.
- Assists Quality Control with checking demands when needed.
- Check voice mails and return calls daily. All other duties as assigned by management.