PARALEGAL – WORKERS COMPENSATION
The candidate for this position is responsible for scheduling specific attorney’s meetings, depositions, hearings, mediations and trials by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and maintains specific attorney’s calendar and makes notes in the Needles system of client contact conversations.
- Enter all litigation information into the Needles system (i.e. style of case and correct court) once Petition to Controvert has been filed.
- Draft Petitions to Controvert, Discovery, Correspondence and other legal documents for Mississippi.
- Communicate with clients, adverse parties, insurance adjusters (Defense paralegals and Defense attorneys) and MWCC (Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission)
- Prepares settlement memorandums and POAs.
- All legal duties as instructed by the specific attorney and Schwartz & Associates, P.A. protocol.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree related to the legal field or a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of comparable legal experience
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult and emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Compensation is based on education and experience.