PERSONAL INJURY & PREMISES ATTORNEY
The candidate for this position assists injured clients with filing legal complaints, offers legal advice, prepares legal documents, and represents his/her client in court by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers client’s questions and guides him or her through the personal injury process.
- Ensures proper legal representation in all auto accident and premise liability cases.
- Works with experts and partners to evaluate the merits of a potential case an develop case theories.
- Prepares witnesses and claimants for hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and other proceedings.
- Takes depositions of the claimant, physicians, medical experts, and other parties.
- Conducts discovery, and drafts pleadings, findings of fact, motions, briefs, opinions and other legal documents.
- Negotiates settlements on behalf of the claimant.
- Any other duties, as assigned, and as related to the duties of the position.
- Four (4) year College Degree from an accredited College or University; three (3) years of Law School and have obtained a Mississippi license to practice law by passing the bar exam and be in good standing with the Mississippi Bar; one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, short and long correspondence, and memos. Ability to convey information in a clear, concise, and logical manner. Ability to effectively advocate a position or a cause.
- Ability to draft effective legal documents such as motions, briefs, memorandums, resolutions, and legal agreements. Ability to develop logical thinking, organization, and problem-solving abilities.
Compensation is based on education and experience.