Workers Compensation Claims Assistant
The candidate for this position assists and relieves lawyers and other legal personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates with clients at least every 30 days.
- Makes needles notes of all contact, conversations, and meetings.
- Prepares correspondence to clients, adjusters, nurse case managers, and the Court, among others.
- Tasks assigned by attorneys and provide status of claim updates to attorneys.
- Requests and follow up on medical records; read and review medicals when necessary.
- Calendars attorney deadlines and meetings with client.
- Compiles final treatment information and obtain final reports for attorney review.
- Closes files after withdrawals and forward lien information to Client Assurance Department.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult and emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Compensation is based on education and experience.