Social Security Disability Attorneys in Jackson, MS
Richard Schwartz & Associates
Will Take Care of You & Your Claim
We Can Help You Gain the Disability Benefits You Deserve
In the United States, we have systems in place to help us when we can no longer work due to a disability. Like any other institution, however, Social Security is subject to error. If you’ve been denied after applying for disability benefits, our attorneys are here to help. At Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A., we understand how hopeless you may feel, but we are 100% dedicated to helping you obtain the support you are rightfully entitled to as an American citizen.
What Disabilities Are Covered?
According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), a disability arises when a person is no longer able to competently function within a professional environment. This disability can be caused and determined by:
- A person’s physical condition
- Official communication
- Workplace policy
- Requirements of social and professional environments
SSA disability benefits are difficult to navigate, because they are designed for workers who paid into this public insurance fund before their disability arose – just in case.
What Programs Are Available?
If you are disabled, you may be eligible for a wide variety of federal and state assistance programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Throughout our working lives, we pay for this service through payroll deductions to insure ourselves in the case of a career-ending disability. When we put a significant amount of our paychecks into this service, we are entitled to benefits.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): If you haven’t paid into an insurance fund through payroll deductions, you are not out of options. SSI is available for those who make little to no income and have very few assets. It can even serve as a resource for people who have never worked due to their disability.
- Medicare: For everyone over age 65, Medicare is a federally funded health insurance and a benefit of Social Security. Medicare is also an option for individuals who have been on SSDI for 2 years and can be implemented immediately in special circumstances. This service is not typically an option for those with mental health disabilities.
- Medicaid: For those on SSI, health insurance is available through Medicaid. These programs are managed on a state-by-state basis and co-funded by state and federal governments.
How Can an Attorney Help?
Any denied claim can be appealed, but the appeals process can be stressful and confusing. To alleviate pressure and increase your chances of being approved, our team can help you:
- File appeals paperwork
- Monitor the status of your claim
- Securely provide information to the government
- Keep records of correspondence
- Meet deadlines and fulfill official inquiries
With over 30 years of experience, we have the insider information you need to apply, appeal, and get approved.
What Are My Rights?
As defined by The Federal Social Security Disability Act, a disability is:
“the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA) by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment(s) which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.”
If this definition applies to you, you are entitled to at least one of the SSA benefits outlined above.
We can help you pursue these benefits if you suffer from:
- Autoimmune disease
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Hearing loss
- Joint problems
- Herniated disk
- Repetitive stress injury
- Head trauma
Admitting that these conditions are debilitating in your career can be intimidating, and being denied can be frustrating, even offensive. At Richard Schwartz & Associates, we will be by your side every step of the way and are committed to protecting your rights and serving you with compassionate counsel.
Can I Afford Representation?
Our firm understands that this time in your life may be financially difficult. To mitigate upfront costs, we work on contingency, which means we won’t collect a fee unless your claim is successful. We know choosing an attorney is a big decision, so we also offer free, no obligation consultations to help you make the right choice.