Mississippi Truck Accident Lawyer
Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers in Jackson, MS
Tractor trailer. Big Rig. Delivery truck. 18-wheeler. What do these have in common? They’re all large commercial trucks that can cause untold damage in a collision. Because trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds (and sometimes more when truck companies break the law), truck accidents often end up causing catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Although truck drivers must be specially licensed and trained to avoid accidents, the sad truth is that accidents still happen all the time, and most of them are caused by human error.
Truck accidents are commonly caused by:
- Ignoring traffic laws
- Driving under influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver inexperience
- Driver fatigue
- Aggressive driving, such as speeding
- Overloaded/improperly loaded cargo
- Defective part design
- Improper maintenance
The extensive list of laws that surround a truck accident is simply different from other types of accidents, and there are many factors that can greatly change the results of your case. Billions of dollars’ worth of medical bills are racked up each year by these type of devastating wrecks – and that is for the ones that are lucky enough to live to tell about it! These accidents are not only life-threatening – they are life-altering. If you’ve been hurt in a truck wreck, get in touch with Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.C. as soon as possible to discuss your legal rights and pursue the compensation you are entitled to.
Fill out an online consultation form to get started. We will be in touch with you soon.
Injured? You Need Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A.
At Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A., we understand is how to think outside the box. We are not intimidated by companies that want to take advantage of the perceived weaknesses of injured people. Often, insurance companies hope that an injured person will settle for less than they are entitled to just to be able to put their ordeal behind them quickly. If you are feeling pressured to accept a settlement – in fact, before you accept any offer – you should consult an attorney at our firm to ensure that the amount you are being offered is both fair and adequate to cover your losses. If it isn’t, we’ll fight on your behalf to get you what you are rightfully owed.
Below are some of the factors we take into consideration when helping you obtain justice:
- How long the driver was driving
- What the big rig was carrying
- The maintenance record of the vehicle
- Truck parts and their efficiency
- The driver’s driving record
- Company standards and policies
- Ownership of the tractor trailer
Truck Crash Facts & Statistics
- Between 15,000 and 20,000 people are harmed by large trucks each year
- 500 of these people will not survive their injuries
- 10% of all accidents on the road happen to involve an 18-wheeler-type vehicle
- 87% of these big 18-wheeler wrecks are due to driver error
- 18-wheelers weigh around 25 times as much as a car
- A loaded tractor trailer takes 20-40% longer to stop than a car does
- It is not uncommon for truck drivers to ignore federal Hours of Service regulations and drive longer than they are allowed
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review
If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, contact Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. as soon as possible. Our experienced Mississippi truck accident lawyers have decades of combined experience holding negligent truck drivers and their employers responsible for harming innocent people. We have professional connections that allow us to seek out witnesses for interviews, uncover video camera recordings, reconstruct scenes of the collision, and review the medical records of all parties involved. Forensic evidence and company logs can give great insight on who or what might have been at fault. These resources, combined with our years of experience, have resulted in the recovery of tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients over the years.
If you have been involved in a truck wreck and live in or near Jackson, contact a Mississippi truck accident attorney from our firm by calling (601) 869-0696. Your initial case review is free!