Mass Torts Attorneys in Mississippi
Richard Schwartz & Associates
Will Take Care of You & Your Claim
Mass tort claims happen when victims sue a defendant separately in individual lawsuits seeking compensation for the defendant’s negligence. Richard Schwartz & Associates is reviewing cases related to defective drugs and medical devices. If you or a family member has been injured due to a dangerous pharmaceutical or defective medical device, contact our Mississippi attorneys to see if you have a case.
Protecting the Rights of Consumers for 35+ Years
A mass tort is a single tort, or wrongful act, that results in injury to a large number of victims. Whereas class action lawsuits involve all of the victims suing a defendant together in one lawsuit, in mass torts, the victims all sue the defendant separately in individual lawsuits seeking compensation for the defendant’s negligence.
Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. is committed to protecting the rights of consumers in top mass tort cases. Our firm is currently reviewing cases related to defective drugs and medical devices. If you or a loved one has suffered injury as a result of a dangerous pharmaceutical or defective medical device, contact our Mississippi attorneys to see if you have a case.
Examples of recent defective drug/medical device lawsuits include:
- 3M Earplugs – Military issued earplugs with a known defect that causes the noise cancelling devices to loosen over time, causing permanent damage
- Attune Knee Replacements, which have failed at a higher than expected rate, can cause the knee to come loose from a patient’s tibia bone causing extreme pain, limited mobility and possible severe infection.
- Bair Hugger surgical blankets, which may spread germs and bacteria over a surgical wound and cause infection
- Belviq, a weight loss drug that has been known to cause cancer
- Elmiron, a medication for interstitial cystitis that has recently been linked to retinal damage and vision loss
- Invokana, a Diabetes drug linked to kidney problems, ketoacidosis, and other serious side effects
- IVC blood clot filters, which may break, become dislodged, and cause internal organ perforation
- Johnson & Johnson talcum powders, which have been linked to the development of ovarian cancer
- Metal-on-metal hip implants, which may send shards of metal into the bloodstream and which require additional surgery to remove and replace
- Transvaginal mesh, which may erode through the vaginal wall or other organs and which can be extremely difficult to remove
- Xarelto, a blood thinning medication that may cause uncontrolled bleeding for which there is no antidote
- Zantac, has been linked to cancer risks after a carcinogenic chemical up to 3000 times greater than the FDA’s daily intake limit was found during testing of the product
Why Choose Richard Schwartz & Associates?
There are many reasons why you can feel confident entrusting your case to the capable legal team at our firm.
- We’ve been trusted for over 30 years
- We have decades of combined legal experience
- We value open and honest communication
- We offer complimentary consultations
You shouldn’t have to suffer a lifetime of consequences because of a product that you were led to believe was safe. Our Mississippi attorneys are prepared to fully investigate your case, inform you of how best to proceed, and guide you through every step of the process. We serve clients from several offices throughout the state.