Mississippi Mass Tort Lawyer
Protecting the Rights of Consumers for 35+ Years - Call (601) 869-0696 Today!
A mass tort is a single tort, or wrongful act, that results in injury to a large number of victims. Whereas class action lawsuits involve all of the victims suing a defendant together in one lawsuit, in mass torts, the victims all sue the defendant separately in individual lawsuits seeking compensation for the defendant’s negligence.
Why Choose Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A.?
- We’ve been trusted for over 30 years
- We have decades of combined legal experience
- We value open and honest communication
- We offer complimentary consultations
Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. is committed to protecting the rights of consumers in top mass tort cases. Our firm is currently reviewing cases related to defective drugs and medical devices.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury as a result of a dangerous pharmaceutical or defective medical device, contact our Mississippi mass tort attorneys to see if you have a case.
Cases We are Currently Handling
Examples of recent defective drug/medical device lawsuits include:
- Johnson & Johnson talcum powders, which have been linked to the development of ovarian cancer
- Attune Knee Replacements, which have failed at a higher than expected rate, can cause the knee to come loose from a patient's tibia bone causing extreme pain, limited mobility, and possible severe infection.
- IVC blood clot filters, which may break, become dislodged and cause internal organ perforation
- 3M Earplugs, Military issued earplugs with a known defect that causes the noise-canceling devices to loosen over time, causing permanent damage
- Transvaginal mesh, which may erode through the vaginal wall or other organs and which can be extremely difficult to remove
- Xarelto, a blood-thinning medication that may cause uncontrolled bleeding for which there is no antidote
- Bair Hugger surgical blankets, which may spread germs and bacteria over a surgical wound and cause infection
- Metal-on-metal hip implants, which may send shards of metal into the bloodstream and which require additional surgery to remove and replace
- Invokana, a Diabetes drug linked to kidney problems, ketoacidosis, and other serious side effects
- Zantac, has been linked to cancer risks after a carcinogenic chemical up to 3000 times greater than the FDA's daily intake limit was found during testing of the product
You shouldn’t have to suffer a lifetime of consequences because of a product that you were led to believe was safe. Our Mississippi mass tort attorneys are prepared to fully investigate your case, inform you of how best to proceed, and guide you through every step of the process. We serve clients from several offices throughout the state including Jackson, Tupelo, and Hattiesburg.