Car Accident Attorneys in Mississippi
Richard Schwartz & Associates Will Take Care of You & Your Claim
If injuries occur from a car accident, it helps to have legal representation from an experienced auto accident attorney as soon as possible. Medical bills add up quickly, and insurance doesn’t want to pay the amount you are entitled to. Contact the Mississippi car accident attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates, and we will fight so you can receive total compensation.
After a Car Accident | How Can an Attorney Help | When To Get a Lawyer | Can You Sue on Behalf a Loved One | How Long Do You Have to File | How Much Should You Expect | How Do You Prove Negligence | Types of Cases We Handle | Contact Us
Let Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jackson and Throughout Mississippi Take Care of You & Your Claim
Although we all hope that we will never get into a car accident, the unfortunate reality is that accidents happen all the time, and as drivers, we accept this risk. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen; even the most cautious, experienced drivers may be injured due to the negligent actions of another on the road. When accidents do happen, it is important for those involved to know where to turn for help.
At Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A., we have seen the ways in which car accidents can drastically change a person’s life, physically injuring them and burying them in debt. Not to mention, they can take a substantial psychological toll on a person. Our Mississippi car wreck attorneys in Jackson, Columbus, Greenville, Hattiesburg, Tupelo, Meridan, and across the state are ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
When you end up in a car accident, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle: After an auto wreck, panicked people often jump out of their car, neglecting to power it off. Doing so can result in serious injury and damage.
- Stay calm and call 911: You’re hurt, but you’re okay. Don’t panic—this will only make the situation worse. Dial 911 and remain calm until help arrives.
- Look for signs of intoxication: Look for speech that is slurred, unusual smells, and bloodshot eyes in the other driver if you suspect they are under the influence.
- Don’t admit fault—EVER: Law enforcement will decide who the at-fault party is in your accident. Do not automatically take the blame or let the other party blame you.
- Make sure you exchange information: Be sure to exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information, name, and contact information.
- Keep track of all injuries: Even if the injury or pain seems small, make a note of all injuries so that you can have it checked out by a doctor.
- Take pictures: If you are able, take photos of any visible bodily injuries as well as any damage to your vehicle or property.
- Obtain a copy of the police report: Pass this along to your attorney, as it will help them in their investigation into determining who was to blame for the accident.
- Save everything: Save copies of medical records, reports, and other information related to your accident. Keeping a paper trail will be invaluable to your case.
- Contact a MS car wreck lawyer right away: The car accident law firm of Richard Schwartz & Associates is here to take your call 24/7. The sooner you call our car wreck attorneys near you, the sooner our legal team can begin working for you.
How a Car Wreck Attorney Near You Can Help After an Accident
Car accident lawsuits can be very confusing to someone who is not an experienced car crash attorney, and it can be frustrating to handle complicated cases without help. Furthermore, if you don’t know what you are entitled to or how to go about fighting for it, you will likely leave significant sums of money on the table—money you need to pay your bills. In many cases, it is in a car accident victim’s best interests to work with an auto accident attorney who can take on the case, minimize their stress, and work towards obtaining maximum compensation on their behalf.
When Should I Get a Lawyer for My Car Accident?
If you have sustained serious injuries in a traffic collision, it is crucial to hire an experienced car accident law firm right away. We have years of experience handling these claims and can help you avoid common mistakes.
The more time that passes, the easier it is for evidence to get “swept under the rug.” Insurance companies like to speak to clients on their own and push them into accepting unfair settlements. With an experienced local car accident lawyer on your side from the get-go, you do not have to worry about being cheated. We can handle these interactions for you and go to work negotiating for what is fair.
Pursuing Justice for Victims of Fatal Car Crashes
Losing a loved one in a car accident is one of the most devastating experiences a person can face. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one in a car crash, consult the expert fatal car accident lawyers nearby at Richard Schwartz & Associates about the possibility of pursuing a wrongful death claim.
While nothing can ever undo the damage that has been inflicted on you and your family, a successful wrongful death lawsuit can provide the financial resources needed to cover funeral and burial expenses. It can also help with any medical bills that incurred before the death, and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim?
According to Mississippi Code section 15-1-49, there is a three-year statute of limitations on all personal injury actions, which means you have 3 years from the date of the accident to file a claim for compensation. The clock starts ticking on the date the accident occurs. Don’t wait to get started on your case; you will lose your right to recover compensation once the statute of limitations runs out. Should you attempt to bring a lawsuit against a liable party after the statutory deadline passes, your case will likely be dismissed.
What’s more, insurance companies often require that policyholders report any accidents to them through insurance claims within a few days or, at most, a few weeks.
How Much Should I Expect from a Car Accident Settlement?
If you have been injured in an automobile collision, you are probably concerned about how much compensation may be available to you. The answer depends on the circumstances of your accident and the damages you have incurred. When it comes to proof of injury and damages, an attorney’s help can yet again go a long way. They will know which documents you should present to the court, as well as how to calculate the amount of economic and non-economic damages to which you are entitled. The last thing you want to do is shortchange yourself.
Factors that are taken into consideration when determining a settlement include:
- The percentage of fault
- The nature and extent of your injuries
- Medical expenses/Hospital bills
- Pain and suffering
- Repair costs
- Future medical treatment
- Cost of disability
- Loss of earnings/earning capacity (Wage loss)
- Loss of quality/enjoyment of life
- Physical therapies
- Psychological therapies
Please note: You may be eligible for additional compensatory damages. In a free consultation, our Jackson lawyers can discuss which damages apply to your case and provide you with a preliminary case valuation.
Pursuing Accountability After an Auto Accident
State law may grant car accident victims the legal right to financial compensation, but to actually obtain this compensation, you will need to establish negligence on the part of the other driver and provide proof of your injuries and any related damages.
Through a lawsuit, our legal team will seek your full compensation for any damages you have accumulated, such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of earnings, and more. With over 40 years of experience, our qualified legal staff at our several convenient locations are prepared to take on your case. We are just a phone call away — why wait to get started?
Types of Driver Negligence that Cause Car Accidents
To establish negligence, it is often necessary to reconstruct the accident, conduct investigations, and consult witnesses. In many cases, particularly those involving auto defects, consulting an industry expert (such as an auto engineer) is imperative. An attorney can efficiently and skillfully carry out this detailed work on your behalf so that you do not have to worry about it.
For reference, a few examples of negligence often behind serious car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including texting and driving
- Ignoring traffic rules and regulations
- Speeding and driving recklessly
- Driving a poorly maintained vehicle
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances
- Equipping a vehicle with defective parts
Contact Our Nearby Car Accident Attorneys Serving All of Mississippi – Free Consultations
Healing from an injury is enough to handle without also having to battle an insurance company. When you’ve been seriously injured in a car crash, you need someone on your side to ensure that you get all of the compensation you are entitled to—not just what the insurance company thinks you deserve. With an impressive history of results and thousands of satisfied clients, you can trust our Mississippi car wrecks lawyers in Jackson and nearby to put you and your case first.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Read this 5-star Google review below regarding a car wreck case in Mississippi.
“When my daughter was hurt in a car wreck they did a great job getting the settlement it was fast and things went smoothly everything was taken care of and we got more money than we ever expected”
By: Amanda Malone
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dec 15 , 2020
Read more reviews on Google!