Mississippi Car Accident Lawyers
Let Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. Take Care of You & Your Claim
Although we all hope that we will never get into a car accident, the unfortunate reality is that accidents happen all the time, and as drivers we accept this risk. When accidents do happen, it is important for those involved to know where to turn for help. At Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A., our team of Mississippi car accident attorneys regularly helps victims of car accidents get the compensation they need to cover their losses, including vehicle repair costs, medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other related damages. Our firm is familiar with the complications that often arise in these types of cases and are fully equipped to tackle big insurance companies to get the very best results for our clients. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you after an accident.
Call (601) 869-0696 now for a free initial case review.
How an Attorney Can Help You After a Car Wreck
Some people feel that it isn’t worth it to hire an attorney after an accident and feel that they can handle their case on their own. While it isn’t impossible to take on the insurance company alone, many people discover after having done so that they are disappointed with the results. Car accident lawsuits can be very confusing to someone who is not an experienced attorney, and it can be frustrating to handle complicated cases without help. Furthermore, if you don’t know what you are entitled to or how to go about fighting for it, you will likely leave significant money on the table – money you need to pay your bills. In many cases, it is in a car accident victim’s best interests to work with an attorney who can take on the case, minimize their stress, and work towards obtaining maximum compensation on their behalves.
If you have been harmed in an automobile wreck, there are certain questions you can ask your potential counsel:
- What will my case cost?
- What documents should I save?
- What if being blamed for this vehicle wreck?
- What if the insurance company denies my claim?
- What information could possibly be used against me?
- What else do you think I should be aware of?
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
When you end up in a car accident, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle. After an auto wreck, panicked people often jump out of their car, neglecting to power it off. Doing so can result in serious further injury and damage.
- Stay calm and call 911. You’re hurt, but you’re okay. Don’t panic – this will only make the situation worse. Dial 911 and remain calm until help arrives.
- Look for signs of intoxication. Look for speech that is slurred, unusual smells, and bloodshot eyes in the other driver.
- Don’t admit fault – EVER. Law enforcement will decide who the at-fault party is in your accident. Do not automatically take the blame or let the other party blame you.
- Make sure you exchange information. Be sure to exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information, name, contact information, and information about the other driver’s vehicle, including make and model, color, license plate, etc.
- Keep track of all injuries. Even if the injury or pain seems small, make note of all injuries so that you can have it checked out by a doctor.
- Take pictures. If you are able, take pictures of any visible bodily injuries as well as any damage to your vehicle or property.
- Obtain a copy of law enforcement’s report. Pass this information along to your attorney, as it will help them in their investigation into determining who was to blame for the accident.
- Save everything. Save copies of medical records, reports, and other information related to your accident. Keeping a paper trail is an invaluable part of building a strong case.
- Contact Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. as soon as possible after your accident. Our legal team will begin working for you.
Car Accident Deaths
Losing a loved one in a car accident is one of the most devastating experiences a person can face. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one in a car crash, consult Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. about the possibility of pursuing a wrongful death claim. While nothing can ever undo the damage that has been inflicted on you and your family, a successful wrongful death lawsuit can provide the financial resources needed to cover funeral and burial expenses, any medical bills incurred before the death, and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Our Jackson Car Wreck Attorneys Serve All of Mississippi
Healing from an injury is enough to handle without also having to worry about battling an insurance company. When you've been seriously injured in a car crash, you need someone on your side to ensure that you get all of the compensation you are entitled to – not just what the insurance company thinks you deserve. With an impressive history of results and hundreds of satisfied clients, you can trust our Mississippi injury team to put you and your case first. Let us take care of you - contact us today to receive a free initial case evaluation. Due to the statute of limitations, your time to take action is limited, so call now!