Mississippi Social Security Disability Lawyer
We're Here to Help You Get the Benefits You Deserve!
Times are tough, but if you are unable to work because of a disability, they can be even tougher. If you’ve applied for disability and been denied, you might even feel hopeless, but rest assured that help is available. Contact a Mississippi Social Security Disability lawyer from Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. today for counsel. We know you need someone to fight for you and how important your case is. Our number one priority is getting you the help you need and deserve!
Set up a free initial consultation by calling our firm at (601) 869-0696. We've been serving clients throughout Mississippi since 1981!
What Is Social Security Disability?
SSD laws and guidelines can be confusing and complicated. To gain an understanding of these laws, you must first understand the term disability. Disability occurs in the functional interaction between a person and the environment, including the person's:
- Physical condition
- Social and policy environment
These laws are designed to protect those who paid into this insurance fund in the event they become disabled. A number of federal and state programs provide assistance to those who are disabled.
These programs include:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is what we pay through payroll deductions. This insures against the possibility that you cannot work anymore due to a disability. SSDI is available to people who worked long enough and recently enough to have paid in a significant amount through their payroll deductions.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is for or those who have not paid into the insurance fund through payroll deductions, money may be available through SSI. It is paid to those with little or no income and very few assets, who may or may not have ever worked.
- Medicare is a Social Security benefit. It is federally-funded health insurance for those over age 65 and is also available to individuals who were on SSDI for 24 months. Immediate eligibility is available for some special circumstances, but usually not for mental health disabilities.
- Medicaid is health insurance available for those on SSI. It is managed by the state for their residents, and jointly funded by the federal and state governments.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me?
If your Social Security Disability claim has been denied, a good attorney can remove much of the stress from the appeals process.
A Mississippi Social Security Disability attorney from our firm can:
- File your appeal paperwork for you
- Check the status of your pending claim
- Protect your privacy by providing the government with the necessary information
- Receive copies of all correspondence sent to you
- Ensure that deadlines are met and all official inquiries are properly fulfilled
We have the knowledge of how to apply, and more importantly, how to appeal. We’ve dealt with cases throughout the state and can make a difference for you.
Applying for Social Security Disability
The attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. want to fight for you so you can be able to enjoy the benefits that you deserve. We can advise you on how to apply for social security benefits, as well as what to do if you happen to be denied.
The Federal Social Security Disability Act defines a disability as being unable to engage in a workplace environment due to a physical or mental impairment, which can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than twelve months. The word disability also applies if your condition or working while under your condition can result in death.
We can help you make a claim if you suffer from:
- Autoimmune Disease
- Head Trauma
- Hearing Loss
- Heart Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Problems
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Repetitive Stress Injury
Preparing for Your SSD Case
The disability process can be intimidating and frustrating, but you can lean on us for support. We can protect your rights and guide you through the process from start to finish.
If you’ve been denied, we can help by:
- Gathering the necessary medical records from your doctors
- Assisting you in filling out any forms required by the Social Security Administration
- Filing necessary appeals in a timely fashion
- Working hard to get you approved without the need for a hearing by arguing your case in written form
- Preparing you for that hearings and argue on your behalf in front of an Administrative Law Judge
- Most importantly, dedicating ourselves to making sure you get the help you need
Common SSI Benefit Questions
What Should I Do if I've Been Denied SSI Benefits?
Our Mississippi SSI lawyers are passionate about helping you with your case. If you have been denied, call Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. today so we can begin to fight for you. Applying for disability benefits can be intimidating and frustrating. We can give you the legal support that you may need and protect your rights as we guide you through the process from start to finish.
If I've Been Denied SSI, What Can You Do for Me?
Our SSI attorneys gather the necessary medical records from your doctors, assist you in filling out any forms required by the Social Security Administration, and file such paperwork in a timely fashion. We promise to work hard to get you approved by arguing your case without the need of a hearing. If your case does go to a hearing, we will prepare you and argue your SSDI case in front of an Administrative Law judge on your behalf. Bust most importantly, our attorneys make sure you get everything that you need through this time.
How Much Will it Cost Me to Get a Lawyer?
We do not collect a fee unless we win your claim! Do not wait any longer to take action by calling a Mississippi SSD lawyer at Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. We are available to represent clients throughout the state and can put our 35+ years of insight and experience to work on your behalf today.