Social Security Disability is necessary for those with disabilities to be able to provide for their basic needs. However, applying for Mississippi Social Security Disability and appealing a denied Social Security Disability claim can be confusing. Contact the experienced attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates so we can assist you through every step of the process.
Your Social Security Disability Advocate in Mississippi
Times are tough, but if you are unable to work because of a disability, they can be even tougher. If you’ve applied for disability and been denied, you might even feel hopeless, but rest assured that help is available. Contact a Mississippi Social Security Disability lawyer from Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. today for counsel. We know you need someone to fight for you and how important your case is. Our number one priority is getting you the help you need and deserve!
Social Security Disability
SSD laws and guidelines can be confusing and complicated. To gain an understanding of these laws, you must first understand the term disability. Disability occurs in the functional interaction between a person and the environment, including the person’s:
- Physical condition
- Social and policy environment
These laws are designed to protect those who paid into this insurance fund in the event they become disabled. A number of federal and state programs provide assistance to those who are disabled.
These programs include:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is what we pay through payroll deductions. This insures against the possibility that you cannot work anymore due to a disability. SSDI is available to people who worked long enough and recently enough to have paid in a significant amount through their payroll deductions.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is for or those who have not paid into the insurance fund through payroll deductions, money may be available through SSI. It is paid to those with little or no income and very few assets, who may or may not have ever worked.
- Medicare is a Social Security benefit. It is federally-funded health insurance for those over age 65 and is also available to individuals who were on SSDI for 24 months. Immediate eligibility is available for some special circumstances, but usually not for mental health disabilities.
- Medicaid is health insurance available for those on SSI. It is managed by the state for their residents, and jointly funded by the federal and state governments.
How A Lawyer Can Help You
If your Social Security Disability claim has been denied, a good attorney can remove much of the stress from the appeals process.
A Mississippi Social Security Disability attorney from our firm can:
- File your appeal paperwork for you
- Check the status of your pending claim
- Protect your privacy by providing the government with necessary information
- Receive copies of all correspondence sent to you
- Ensure that deadlines are met and all official inquiries are properly fulfilled
Applying for Social Security Disability
The attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates want to fight for you so you can be able to enjoy the benefits that you deserve. We can advise you on how to apply for social security benefits, as well as what to do if you happen to be denied.
The Federal Social Security Disability Act defines a disability as being unable to engage in a workplace environment due to a physical or mental impairment, which can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than twelve months. The word disability also applies if your condition or working while under your condition can result in death.
We can help you make a claim if you suffer from:
- Autoimmune Disease
- Head Trauma
- Hearing Loss
- Heart Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Problems
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Repetitive Stress Injury
Preparing for Your SSD Case
The disability process can be intimidating and frustrating, but you can lean on us for support. We can protect your rights and guide you through the process from start to finish.
If you’ve been denied, we can help by:
- Gathering the necessary medical records from your doctors
- Assisting you in filling out any forms required by the Social Security Administration
- Filing necessary appeals in a timely fashion
- Working hard to get you approved without the need for a hearing by arguing your case in written form
- Preparing you for that hearing and argue on your behalf in front of an Administrative Law Judge
- Most importantly, dedicating ourselves to making sure you get the help you need
We do not collect a fee unless we win your claim! Do not wait any longer to take action by calling a Mississippi SSD lawyer at Richard Schwartz & Associates. We are available to represent clients throughout the state and can put our 35+ years of insight and experience to work on your behalf today.