You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s negligence. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The experienced product liability attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact us online now for a free initial case review.
Our Hattiesburg, MS Product Liability Attorneys Are Committed to Your Success
Companies have a legal obligation to ensure that the products they produce and distribute are safe for the consumers who purchase them. When an individual incurs injuries from a defective product due to the manufacturer’s negligence, they have the right to pursue compensation for their losses.
At Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A., our product liability attorneys in Hattiesburg, MS have successfully represented thousands of clients who were injured by irresponsible corporations and manufacturers. We work to hold those parties accountable and know how to make their insurance companies pay what is owed.
Types of Defective Products
Almost any consumer product can have a dangerous defect. Over the past 40 years, our personal injury lawyers have seen and handled all types of product liability claims.
We handle claims for defective products such as:
- Medical devices
- Children’s toys
- Household appliances
- Cleaning products
- Industrial equipment
There are many different ways that a defective product can cause injuries. Our Hattiesburg, MS product liability lawyers have seen it all and know how to get our clients the compensation they deserve, no matter how their accident happened.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Some of the most common types of product liability cases we handle include:
- Defective design – Design defects are present in a product before it is ever manufactured. These defects occur when there is something wrong with the product’s design that makes it dangerous to use.
- Malfunctions – A malfunctioning product is one that does not work as it should. This type of defective product can cause injuries if it breaks while it is being used.
- Manufacturing defects – Cases involving manufacturing defects occur when there is an error made during the production of the product. This could be due to a problem with the machines used to create the product or human error.
- Failure to warn – In order for a product to be considered safe, the manufacturer must provide warnings about any potential risks associated with using the product. If they fail to do so, they can be held liable if someone is injured as a result.
- Packaging – Another aspect to consider is the product’s packaging. Cans, bottles, and other food containers can explode and cause cuts or burns. Kids can easily open toy packaging and choke on the small parts. Sharp objects can puncture through soft packaging materials and injure the user.
Product liability claims can be complicated and time-consuming. It is important to have an experienced Hattiesburg product liability lawyer on your side who knows how to navigate the legal system and get you the compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries Resulting from Defective Products
Every year, thousands of unsuspecting consumers sustain serious injuries from defective products. There is no limit to the amount of physical, emotional, and financial damage that these faulty products can cause.
Examples of defective product injuries include:
- Cuts from fragile glass
- Poisoning from contaminated food
- Scarring from defective cosmetics
- Burns from unsafe electrical equipment
- Choking on small parts from toys
- Fractures from a product breaking
- Organ failure due to defective drugs
If you used a product in a reasonable manner and suffered an injury, you might be entitled to compensation. Richard Schwartz & Associates is here to offer a free consultation and advice on the next steps to take.
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured by a Defective Product
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective product, it is important to take quick action in order to protect your legal rights. There are a few key steps you should take:
- Report the incident as soon as you are able.
- Contact a trusted law firm.
- You should focus on your recovery and let us handle everything else.
- Keep the defective product. If the product is broken, keep the pieces.
- We will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation possible.
Don’t wait to take action! There are time limits for filing a product liability claim, so it is important to act fast. Our experienced lawyers will handle all of your legal needs, giving you time to recover and heal.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Product Liability Case?
The four elements the lawyers have to prove in a product liability case are:
- You were injured as a result of using the product.
- It was discovered that the product was faulty.
- The product’s flaw is to blame for your injuries.
- You used the product as it was designed.
To show the existence of a defect, you must provide evidence of injury, death, or property damage. Proving the existence of a faulty product could include medical records, police reports, and eyewitness testimonies. A personal injury lawyer must demonstrate the presence of a design flaw. It is important to note that even if a product has a design flaw, the plaintiff must still prove that this defect caused their injuries. If you have been injured by a defective product, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible.
The Statute of Limitations for Product Liability Claims in Mississippi
The statute of limitations is the time frame in which you have to file a claim. After this period has expired, you are no longer eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. In Mississippi, the general statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including product liability claims, is three years from the date of the accident.
There are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if the injury was not discovered until later, you may have up to one year from the date of discovery to file a claim. It is important to note that even though three years seems like a long time, it can go by in a flash. Don’t wait and miss your chance for compensation.
Reach Out to Our Skilled Legal Team Now
The Hattiesburg product liability attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates are ready to take on your case and fight for maximum compensation. Do not miss out on your chance at getting financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and related losses.