Litigation Paralegal – Jackson, MS
The candidate for this position is responsible for scheduling specific attorney’s meetings, depositions, hearings, mediations, and trials by performing the following duties:
Compensation is based on education and experience.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree related to the legal field or a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of comparable legal experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult and emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and maintains specific attorney’s calendar and makes notes in the Needles system of client contact conversations.
- Enter all litigation information into the Needles system (i.e. style of case and correct court) once filing of complaints, summons and Civil Cover Sheet has been mailed to the Court for filing.
- Draft Complaints, Discovery, Correspondence and other legal documents for Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Communicate with clients, adverse parties (Defense paralegals and Defense attorneys) and court (Court Administrator’s, clerk’s office).
- Prepares correspondence memorandums for disbursements to client and closes files after disbursement.
- All legal duties as instructed by the specific attorney and Schwartz & Associates, P.A. protocol.