Car Accident Attorney in Greenville, MS
Being injured in a car accident is an incredibly stressful situation, not just physically, but financially as well. If you have been injured in a collision caused by another person’s carelessness, you have rights. Turn to Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. for the experienced legal guidance you need to secure maximum compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost income, and more. As one of the largest and most trusted personal injury law firms in Mississippi, the Greenville car accident lawyers at Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. are respected by peers and feared by insurance companies. No matter what you are facing, our team has what it takes to secure exceptional results in even the most complex cases.
Our Greenville personal injury attorneys handle all types of car accident cases, including:
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents with uninsured motorists
- Drunk driving accidents
- Aggressive driving accidents
- Fatigued driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
Call now to request a free, no-obligation case review: (601) 869-0696.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Greenville, Mississippi
While we all hope that we will never be involved in a car accident, being prepared can make all the difference in case of the unexpected. If you are involved in a car accident in Greenville, take the following steps:
- Call 911. Call 911 to get the police and, if you have been injured, an ambulance to the scene. The police will file an accident report which documents all the details of the accident. Make sure you request a copy of this report.
- Gather evidence. Take down the name, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver. Then, take photos of the scene of the accident, including damage to your vehicle, any visible injuries, and your surroundings. If there were any bystanders who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to take down their information as well.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t immediately feel hurt, it is critical that you see a doctor as soon as possible. Waiting too long may not only make any injuries you suffered worse, but may also compromise your personal injury claim.
- Consult a car accident lawyer. After you have received medical attention, you should seek legal counsel. It is important to remember not to give any oral or written statements to the other driver’s insurance company, sign anything, or accept a settlement offer until you consult a lawyer! While an insurance adjuster may seem friendly, his or her job is to protect their employer’s bottom line and not to make sure you get what you are owed.
Backed by decades of experience, we know how to negotiate with insurance companies for maximum compensation. Call Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A. today to learn more about how we can help you!