Richard Schwartz & Associates
Will Take Care of You & Your Claim
We Fight Hard to Protect Workers’ Rights
With over 100 years of combined experience and tens of thousands of cases handled, our Hattiesburg workers’ compensation attorneys are equipped to help you get the benefits you need and deserve.
Richard Schwartz & Associates Injury Lawyers, P.A. has handled all types of work-related injury claims, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Severe burns
- Exposure to harmful chemicals
- Torn ligaments
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Cuts and laceration
- Muscle strains
Who Is Entitled to Workers’ Compensation?
In Mississippi, many workers are entitled to compensation from their employers when they are either hurt on the job or become sick due to a work-related cause. Most employers are required by the state to purchase workers’ compensation insurance to make sure their workers have access to the financial support they need.
Exceptions to this rule include:
- Employers with fewer than five workers
- Independent contractors
- Volunteer positions
- Housekeeping and babysitting jobs
- Farming work
- Non-profit organizations
- Religious organizations
If an employer has workers’ compensation insurance, any on-the-job injury – whether minor or serious – is covered by the policy.
However, coverage may be denied if it is determined that the employee’s injuries:
- Were self-inflicted
- Occurred while the individual was not on the job or was in violation of company policy
- Resulted from intoxication or illegal drug use
Benefits You Could Be Entitled to
Mississippi workers’ compensation benefits can include:
- Medical expenses
- Wage replacement benefits
- Compensation for permanent injuries
- Costs for training for a new job
- Wrongful death benefits to a deceased workers’ surviving family members
Injured at Work? Let Us Help You File a Claim.
Richard Schwartz & Associates is available to help you file a workers’ compensation claim or appeal a denied claim. We believe that if you were injured at work, you deserve to be compensated for your losses – and we are willing to fight for you. Even if you are not eligible to file a claim, our Mississippi personal injury attorneys can help you file a lawsuit against all liable parties to get you the compensation you deserve.