- Stop the vehicle: After an auto wreck, panicked people often jump out of their car, neglecting to power it off. Doing so can result in serious injury and damage.
- Stay calm and call 911: You’re hurt, but you’re okay. Don’t panic—this will only make the situation worse. Dial 911 and remain calm until help arrives.
- Look for signs of intoxication: Look for speech that is slurred, unusual smells, and bloodshot eyes in the other driver if you suspect they are under the influence.
- Don’t admit fault—EVER: Law enforcement will decide who the at-fault party is in your accident. Do not automatically take the blame or let the other party blame you.
- Make sure you exchange information: Be sure to exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information, name, and contact information.
- Keep track of all injuries: Even if the injury or pain seems small, make a note of all injuries so that you can have it checked out by a doctor.
- Take pictures: If you are able, take photos of any visible bodily injuries as well as any damage to your vehicle or property.
- Obtain a copy of the police report: Pass this along to your attorney, as it will help them in their investigation into determining who was to blame for the accident.
- Save everything: Save copies of medical records, reports, and other information related to your accident. Keeping a paper trail will be invaluable to your case.
- Contact Richard Schwartz & Associates, P.A.: The sooner you call, the sooner our legal team can begin working for you.
If you have sustained serious injuries in a traffic collision, it is crucial to hire an experienced law firm right away. We have years of experience handling these claims and can help you avoid common mistakes.
The more time that passes, the easier it is for evidence to get “swept under the rug.” Insurance companies like to speak to clients on their own and push them into accepting unfair settlements. With our skilled personal injury lawyers on your side from the get-go, you do not have to worry about being cheated. We can handle these interactions for you and go to work negotiating for what is fair.
Our Accident Attorneys Serve All of Mississippi
Healing from an injury is enough to handle without also having to battle an insurance company. When you've been seriously injured in a car crash, you need someone on your side to ensure that you get all of the compensation you are entitled to—not just what the insurance company thinks you deserve. With an impressive history of results and hundreds of satisfied clients, you can trust our Mississippi injury team to put you and your case first.
Let us take care of you. Call (601) 869-0696 to receive a free initial case evaluation. Due to the statute of limitations, your time to take action is limited, so call now.
1 Call That's All
We take ownership and responsibility for all our clients cases, and we believe that one call is all it takes for our clients to get the justice that they deserve.
We are consistent in our actions, faithful to our clients and staff and loyal to our principles. With over 30 years of experience we take pride in our ability to be an entity that our clients and staff can depend on.
We understand the situations that our clients are enduring, and choose to lead them through this time with honesty, compassion and open communication.
Strong Sense of Community
We believe our community is the foundation of our success, and that their victories are what drive our firm forward.