Car Accident Attorneys in Mississippi
Richard Schwartz & Associates
Will Take Care of You & Your Claim
If injuries occur from a car accident, it helps to have legal representation as soon as possible. Medical bills add up quickly, and insurance doesn’t want to pay the amount you are entitled to. Contact the Mississippi car accident attorneys at Richard Schwartz & Associates, and we will fight so you can receive total compensation.
Let Richard Schwartz & Associates Take Care of You & Your Claim
Although we all hope that we will never get into a car accident, the unfortunate reality is that accidents happen all the time, and as drivers we accept this risk. When accidents do happen, it is important for those involved to know where to turn for help.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
When you end up in a car accident, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle: After an auto wreck, panicked people often jump out of their car, neglecting to power it off. Doing so can result in serious injury and damage.
- Stay calm and call 911: You’re hurt, but you’re okay. Don’t panic—this will only make the situation worse. Dial 911 and remain calm until help arrives.
- Look for signs of intoxication: Look for speech that is slurred, unusual smells, and bloodshot eyes in the other driver if you suspect they are under the influence.
- Don’t admit fault—EVER: Law enforcement will decide who the at-fault party is in your accident. Do not automatically take the blame or let the other party blame you.
- Make sure you exchange information: Be sure to exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information, name, and contact information.
- Keep track of all injuries: Even if the injury or pain seems small, make a note of all injuries so that you can have it checked out by a doctor.
- Take pictures: If you are able, take photos of any visible bodily injuries as well as any damage to your vehicle or property.
- Obtain a copy of the police report: Pass this along to your attorney, as it will help them in their investigation into determining who was to blame for the accident.
- Save everything: Save copies of medical records, reports, and other information related to your accident. Keeping a paper trail will be invaluable to your case.
- Contact Richard Schwartz & Associates: The sooner you call, the sooner our legal team can begin working for you.
How an Attorney Can Help You after a Car Wreck
Car accident lawsuits can be very confusing to someone who is not an experienced attorney, and it can be frustrating to handle complicated cases without help. Furthermore, if you don’t know what you are entitled to or how to go about fighting for it, you will likely leave significant sums of money on the table—money you need to pay your bills. In many cases, it is in a car accident victim’s best interests to work with an attorney who can take on the case, minimize their stress, and work towards obtaining maximum compensation on their behalf.
When Should I Get a Lawyer for My Car Accident?
If you have sustained serious injuries in a traffic collision, it is crucial to hire an experienced law firm right away. We have years of experience handling these claims and can help you avoid common mistakes.
The more time that passes, the easier it is for evidence to get “swept under the rug.” Insurance companies like to speak to clients on their own and push them into accepting unfair settlements. With our skilled personal injury lawyers on your side from the get-go, you do not have to worry about being cheated. We can handle these interactions for you and go to work negotiating for what is fair.
Pursuing Justice for Victims of Fatal Car Crashes
Losing a loved one in a car accident is one of the most devastating experiences a person can face. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one in a car crash, consult Richard Schwartz & Associates about the possibility of pursuing a wrongful death claim.
While nothing can ever undo the damage that has been inflicted on you and your family, a successful wrongful death lawsuit can provide the financial resources needed to cover funeral and burial expenses. It can also help with any medical bills that incurred before the death, and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim?
According to Mississippi Code section 15-1-49, you have 3 years to file a claim for compensation. The clock starts ticking on the date the accident occurs. Should you attempt to bring a lawsuit against a liable party after the statutory deadline passes, your case will likely be dismissed.
How Much Should I Expect from a Car Accident Settlement?
If you have been injured in an automobile collision, you are probably concerned about how much compensation may be available to you. The answer depends on the circumstances of your accident and the damages you have incurred.
Factors that are taken into consideration when determining a settlement include:
- The percentage of fault
- The nature and extent of your injuries
- Medical expenses
- Wage loss
- Pain and suffering
- Repair costs
- Future medical treatment
Our Accident Attorneys Serve All of Mississippi
Healing from an injury is enough to handle without also having to battle an insurance company. When you’ve been seriously injured in a car crash, you need someone on your side to ensure that you get all of the compensation you are entitled to—not just what the insurance company thinks you deserve. With an impressive history of results and hundreds of satisfied clients, you can trust our Mississippi injury team to put you and your case first.